building hope scholarship program
Many times, one of the biggest barriers to accessing mental health care is cost. At Building Hope, we believe that cost should never keep someone from receiving the mental health care they need. So, Building Hope created a scholarship program for individuals or families who are not able to pay for therapy. Families, individuals or couples can receive short-term funding to access therapy through an easy to use system.
- While we don't ask Building Hope Scholarship recipients to submit financial information, we do ask that all recipients give a verbal commitment that they are not able to pay for therapy on their own or that paying for therapy would present a signficant challenge. This program is only for people experiencing a financial hardship and cannot afford mental health care.
- Staff will ALWAYS work with clients to see if there is any other way to pay for therapy (insurance, Medicaid, EAP) before issuing a Building Hope Scholarship. Once staff have explored all other payment options with the client and there are still barriers to accessing care then a Building Hope Scholarship will be issued.
how the scholarship program works:
1) There are three issuing sites: Building Hope Office (970) 485-6269, FIRC (970) 262-3888 and the Summit Community Care Clinic (970) 668-4040
2) When you speak with the front desk, let them know that you would like to make an appointment for a Building Hope Scholarship. They will then schedule you for the soonest available appointment
3) During your appointment, staff will help you look for alternative funding options to pay for therapy PRIOR TO ISSUING A BUILDING HOPE SCHOLARSHIP. If no other payment options are available, staff will issue a Building Hope Scholarship.
Building Hope Scholarships are accepted with most private providers in the community and once you fill out an application for a scholarship you may select a therapist of your choice to work with. Scholarships are good for up to 12 sessions. Scholarships do not cover psychiatric visits or cost of medication. In order to be eligible for a scholarship you must work and or live in Summit County.