building hope scholarship program
Many times, one of the biggest barriers to accessing mental health care is cost. At Building Hope, we believe that cost should never keep someone from receiving the mental health care they need. So, Building Hope has created a scholarship program for Summit County locals who are not able to pay for therapy. Individuals, families or couples can receive short-term funding to access therapy through an easy to use system.
- While we don't ask Building Hope Scholarship recipients to submit any financial information, we do ask that all recipients give a verbal confirmation that they are not able to pay for therapy on their own and that paying for therapy would present a signficant financial challenge. This program is meant for those that either live or work in Summit County and are experiencing financial hardship that prevents them from being able to afford mental health care.
- We are required to check whether clients have any other way to pay for therapy (insurance, Medicaid, EAP) before issuing a Building Hope Scholarship. Once staff have explored all other payment options with the client it is determined that there are still barriers to accessing care, a Building Hope Scholarship will be issued.
how the scholarship program works:
1) There are several issuing sites in Summit County to support our "No Wrong Door" policy. The easiest way to reach out if you are interested in a Building Hope scholarship is to call or text Building Hope at (970) 389-1151.
2) You will be scheduled for the soonest available appointment with an Access to Care Coordinator.
3) During your appointment, the Access to Care Coordinator will check whether you are eligible for any alternative funding options to pay for therapy prior to issuing a Building Hope Scholarship. If no other payment options are available, you will be issused a Building Hope Scholarship.
Building Hope Scholarships are accepted with most private providers in the community. Once you fill out an application for a scholarship and are issued a voucher number you may choose a therapist of to work with. Scholarships are good for up to 12 sessions. Scholarships can cover a limited amount of psychiatric visits with prior approval, but do NOT cover the cost of medication. In order to be eligible for a scholarship you must work and or live in Summit County.