RAVI’S PROVIDER UPDATES
Dear Summit County Mental Health Professionals,
We are hosting the first provider mixer of 2023 next Tuesday, March 14th! Hope you can join us from 6-8:30pm at Highside Brewing in Frisco. Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/building-hope-provider-mixer-march-2023-tickets-558933805057
Scholarship program updates
Please email all scholarship invoices to me and CC email@example.com. Please email support group invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com.
As our programming grows, we have recently upgraded our financial process to partner with an accounting firm that is managing our billing and payments. In order to align with standard accounting practices, we are switching to a 30 day pay cycle for each invoice.
We are excited to move our scholarship program onto https://mountainstrong.org/ for all our issuing, tracking and billing needs. The first phase of onboarding with include scholarship providers that are already signed up with EVBH for their EAP and Olivia’s Fund programs. We will reach out to you directly when it is your turn to get onboard! Instructions and details will be provided for this updated and modernized format upon which our scholarship program will function. We thank you for your patience and flexibility as we make the transition to this new system.
Are you taking any new insurances? Have you dropped any insurers? Please let me know by reviewing your profile and emailing me with any changes you’d like made: https://buildinghopesummit.org/mental-health-therapists/
- If anyone is interested in running an infertility and loss support group please reach out to Kellyn
- NEW Spanish speaking men’s support group by FIRC: ACCION
- It is a support program for men who either live or work in Summit County, speak Spanish, and face daily challenges such as jealousy, anger, and sadness, whether it’s with their partners, co-workers, etc.
- The meetings are in person and take place on the last Thursday of each month from 6 to 7 pm
- To make the referral you can write directly to Ceciliam@summitfirc.org
- Support group for Parents of High Needs Teens and Tweens
- Meet virtually on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Malina is considering opening it up as a general parents support group with everything that’s been happening at the school district recently
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Flyer attached
- Grief Support Group run by Dillon Community Church
- New session starting on Thursdays: 4/6-6/29, from 4:00-5:30 pm
- Located in person in the Church Library
- Registration here: https://www.griefshare.org/groups/164949/registrations/new
- Please contact Paul Rostek <email@example.com> with any questions
- Adolescent EOP (Enhanced Outpatient Program) at Mile High
- MHBHC is has started an Adolescent in January!
- The attached flyer provides details – it will meet every Tuesday and Thursday through April 13th
- The goal is to develop regulation and communication skills, as well as process emotions, experiences and eat pizza.
- The group will include rolling admission and there will be additional cohorts throughout the year, so teens can join when they need support and receive that support as long as is needed.
- There are also options for teens to attend our EOP sessions in conjunction with group art therapy at Mile High or Wild Youth Passages in order to access additional care as needed.
- Please reach out to Laura with any questions: LLandrum@mhbhc.org
- Cassie Comeau will be offering another Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) group starting in the Spring
- This is typically an 8 week course that meets weekly for 2 hours each week.
- MBSR is an empirically supported treatment/intervention/practice that has been shown to help people suffering from physical ailments, chronic pain, psychosocial distress, clinical mental health disorders, and various other problems in living.
- It is appropriate as a primary prevention initiative as well as a secondary and tertiary intervention.
- MBSR is an excellent adjunct to individual therapy and is also excellent for healthcare providers and those in service professions.
- Reach out to Cassie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Carlos Abel, who is part of Andrea Brown’s Slopeside Counseling practice, is running a Spanish speaking and English speaking Caring Dad’s curriculum
- Andrea Will be starting a 17 week group for mom’s called Motherhood Matters. This will be more of a clinical group and not a support group.
- Since there isn’t a Caring Mom’s program locally and there are a lot of mom’s dealing with substance abuse and trauma, both, Andrea Brown is designing a group that crosses between caring dads and nurturing parents program, which are both evidence based programs.
- Potentially also starting a substance use group for teens at the high school
- Please reach out to Andrea with any questions: SlopesideCounselingLLC@gmail.com
- Amanda Merriman, Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator, is currently collecting information on interest in a suicide loss support group.
- Working on survey that we’ll email out
- Amanda can be reached at email@example.com
- Recording of “Treating Bipolar Disorders: An Introduction for Clinicians” with Dr. Amiee Sullivan, PhD – Johnson Depression Center
- Full EMDR training with local clinician, Hillary Sunderland
- I will be hosting an EMDR training April 28-30 & Aug 4-6.
- The link to register is https://emdrpractice.com/event/2023-emdr-therapy-basic-training-course-virtual-april-august/
- or interested parties can reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital Media Overuse Training with CEs:
- April 7th virtual presentation, 11:00-1:00 PM for clinicians: Introduction to Digital Media Overuse & Treatment Considerations
- Also, a 4/6 5:30-6:30 PM virtual presentation will be held for parents and community: The Balancing Act: Screen Time and Mental Health
- Join Foundry Steamboat on April 6th from 9am to Noon for a free virtual CE Presentation: Effects of Complex Trauma on Adolescent Mental Health and Family Systems
- Transgenerational Impact of Trauma in Addiction on Client and Family Coping with Dr. Michael Barnes, Ph.D., Chief Clinical Officer of Foundry Treatment Center Steamboat
- Earn 1.5 CE Credits
- Complex Trauma & The Addictive Process: Self-Medication for a Broken Heart? with Mike Giresi, CAC, CTP, ICADC, NMP, Chief Development Officer at Family First Adolescent Services
- Earn 1.5 CE Credits
- Reserve your free ticket here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/effects-of-complex-trauma-on-adolescent-mental-health-and-family-systems-tickets-557177221067
- Building Hope has grant funds from the Colorado Perinatal Care Quality Collaborative (CPCQC) to support training related Perinatal and Postpartum mental health. Below is a training that might be of interest to you: 16 hours of CEU and costs covered through Building Hope.
- Building Hope Mini Grant Application- https://forms.gle/Jy4pSkCfkqfpoHfe6 Use this form to apply for the funds to cover the cost of the training.
- If this is not the training that you’re looking for and you have another in mind, no problem, use the Building Hope Mini Grant Application form to apply for funds for a different training of your choice.
- Please pass this opportunity on to anyone who might be interested. This is available for anyone working in the mental health, medical, or client facing supports for this population.
Several interns are offering an open caseload and low cost therapy through these providers. Please feel free to reach out to them and the interns directly with your referrals!
– Cassie Comeau: Laura Kriss and Nina Reyes (bilingual)
– Gemma Taylor: Yirka Platt (bilingual, Medicaid and CHP)
– Hillary Sunderland: Marissa Lampe (Medicaid/RMHP, CO Access)
– Hannah Buzzo: Kayla Cemensky
– Jane Fineberg: Nicola Rhyan
Perinatal Mental Health Resource Roundtable event
- Wednesday, April 26th, 10-11:30 am
- COLORADO PERINATAL CARE QUALITY COLLABORATIVE (CPCQC) AND THE COLORADO CHAPTER OF POSTPARTUM SUPPORT INTERNATIONAL (CO-PSI) PRESENT:
- A virtual gathering of community partners to share about a selection of the perinatal mental health resources available in Summit, Pitkin, Eagle, and Garfield Counties.
- Perfect for professionals who serve pregnant and postpartum people.
- Register here: https://cpcqc-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrfu6rpj8sGtKnZaveARW28qds-_yYu04x
- For questions please reach out to Kristin Aaker, Director, Colorado Postpartum Support International: email@example.com
The Harris Program in Child Development and Infant Mental Health Community Fellowship Expansion
- The Harris Community Fellowship Program is now seeking applicants!
- Please see the information below about this opportunity for free, intensive infant and early childhood mental health training:
Please visit https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/psychiatry/education-pillar/fellowships/harrisprogram/apply/expansion-community-fellowship-program for more information.
Free Narcan available at STARR
See attached flyer for more information
Please reach out to Ruby Hornback for questions
The STARR program is part of the Summit Sheriff’s jail and the acronym stands for Strategies To Avoid Relapse and Recidivism
Support Alternative, Substance-Free Culture!
- Sober AF Entertainment. S.AF.E creates “Safe spaces in fun places” at sporting and music events.
- At our sober support events we have food, fun and education.
- We have Peer Recovery Coaches, Narcan training, and Recovery Community Organization (RCOs) & legislative leaders speaking about services in their area to stop the overdose epidemic.
- We need your help from Region 5 in educating our communities in Colorado about health & social services.
- We bring fun, food, and educational access to social engagement the recovery world lacks.
- We have allotted two free tickets for any of our events 5 speakers who can make it to any of our 4 upcoming events:
- March 11 – SGA Mardi Gras (Community Celebration) – Pueblo
- 3-11-23 – Pueblo, CO – SGA Mardi Gras – S.AF.E Main Flyer.png
- March 22 – Colorado Eagles (Hockey) – Loveland
- 3-22-23 – Loveland, CO – San Jose Barracuda vs. Colorado Eagles – S.AF.E Main Flyer.png
- March 25 – Denver Nuggets (Basketball) – Denver
- 3-25-23 – Denver, CO – Milwaukee Bucks vs. Denver Nuggets – S.AF.E Main Flyer.png
- April 22 – Colorado Avalanche (Hockey) – Denver
- 4-22-23 – Denver, CO – Winnipeg Jets vs. Colorado Avalanche – S.AF.E Main Flyer.png
- Secondly, Senator Priola and Representative Kennedy are sponsoring a bill that would require all venues in Colorado with more than 7,000 seats to manage a substance–free zone of 4 percent.
- Here is the press release and fact sheet
- Bill Press Release.jpg
- Bill 1 Pager (Page 1).jpg
- Bill 1 Pager (Page 2).jpg
- It has been assigned to the Finance Committee.
- If this strikes a nerve with anyone that would like to support the recovery community in this, please give me, Duke Rumely, Founder & Executive Director, a call at 303-888-9019 and we can discuss how to help.
Please check out our Careers In The Community webpage! Please let us know if you have job opportunities you’d like to post and we’ll put them up for you!
Monthly Mental Health Provider Zoom Meeting hosted by Bldg Hope
- Please join us and your fellow Summit County Mental Health Providers for a monthly Zoom check in which takes place on the first Tuesday of every month at 8am.
- We use this meeting as an opportunity to introduce ourselves, share our offerings, discuss trends as to what we’re seeing in our practice, and talk through potential opportunities, referrals, news, etc.
- Meeting ID: 899 5350 6615
- Passcode: 497676
- A running document of meeting minutes is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X7Ce5mXM8FvZI-8PQll9qKZc8k8o0xwOvZ78bXDSUZc/
As always, thanks for everything you do. Please let us know if there’s anything Building Hope can do to support your practice.
Reminder to check our provider facebook group as things get posted there on a more quick basis than these emails.