RAVI’S PROVIDER UPDATES
Dear Summit County Mental Health Providers,
Hope this message finds you well. Please see below for updates and offerings related to COVID-19:
Paid group facilitation opportunity through Building Hope:
Building Hope is setting up many support groups for community members with anxiety and trauma around COVID-19 to receive support from their peers and expert facilitators. We are looking for therapists to provide facilitation for groups organized for different career sectors and demographics. This is to address the stress of lockdown in addition to concerns regarding returning to work in this uncertain environment.
- Each group will be 1 hour long, and will continue weekly for 20 weeks
- We will start off using virtual platforms, and look to moving to in-person if and when possible (will also depend on availability of meeting space)
- Each group will host between 20-25 people, and we are anticipating rotating attendees
- Building Hope will pay $100 per group, up to a total of $2000 for 20 groups
Your responsibilities will include: helping with marketing, such as flyer creation and outreach, logistical items such as maintaining sign up and attendance sheets, and setting up video conference rooms. This will be clarified further as we proceed in organizing these groups.
Session with Club Forget Me Not for highschoolers (see attached flyer)
Club Forget Me Not is happy to be doing one of hopefully many sessions of Connections in Chaos.
Processing tragedies in our Summit County community can be challenging during these chaotic times. We’re excited to create a space for teens to safely process.
This is a FREE session for teens in high school. We will be meeting between 3 pm-5 pm at the Breckenridge Outdoor Eduction Center.
Along with Colorado safety guidelines we will be following physical distancing standards and keeping everyone healthy and safe during the session. For those reasons we ask everyone to bring their own face mask and water bottle.
We only have 30 spots available so sign up at the link: https://forms.gle/5MrV6jSdGVYUFk6W8
Advocacy action to increase therapist pay
You can have a significant positive impact on the income of licensed professional counselors and America’s mental health resources by following these simple steps:
- You can send a message to both the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee by clicking here. Your message will reach these committees directly, providing information that can be used as they work on H.R. 945, the Mental Health Access ImprovementAct.
- Select the big blue button titled “Federal Legislation Impacting Counselor Reimbursement”
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and complete the information form.
These two powerful committees must hear from professional counselors, their clients, and all who support professional counselors – to ensure that Members of Congress fully appreciate the impact of, and the need for:
- Fair reimbursement rates for licensed professional counselors billing through Medicare
- Including licensed professional counselors in Medicare reimbursement will ensure that more Americans will get the mental health support they need.
Mental Health Q&A and Support for Frontline Workers
Women’s Recovery (our only IOP in Summit County) is hosting a webinar to provide support to frontline workers. Details can be accessed here: https://conta.cc/2RyApji
Topic: Front Line Workers Meeting IV
Time: May 13, 2020 10:00 AM Mountain Time
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 915 4070 2737
Online Replay of “Screenagers, the Next Chapter: Uncovering Skills For Stress Resilience” (really good documentary)
With COVID-19 giving many of us downtime at home with our families, we invite you to take this opportunity to watch the replay of the Screenagers documentary and online community discussion. Watch this delightful and groundbreaking documentary and discuss how we help teens build crucial skills to navigate stress, anxiety, and depression in our digital age. (Registration required and free replay will be valid for a short time)
Please let me know if you have any questions or if Building Hope can support your practice in any way.
May is MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH. Take the PLEDGE today! Click here https://buildinghopesummit.org/get-involved/i-pledge